Friday, November 18, 2016

Perseverance Snapshot- Briona #1-#2



    #1   The cold slapped me in the face as I stepped outside, ready to run. Dew sparkled in the light of dawn making it look like crystals sprinkled ground. I began to run, trees on either side of me turning into a mix of light and dark green. Pinks, purples and oranges fill the sky making it look like a painting of colors. I started getting tired, but I wanted to get to a mile. I ran this every day hoping to run that mile, but, I always failed. Maybe this time I would run that mile. I kept thinking of finishing and enjoying the beauty around me. The sun was now fully visible and I have made it home. I have completed my goal.
#2
  Cold gravel bit into my legs as I helped Susanna up, off the frozen ground. It was becoming dark and and the shadows grew longer. But the silence was deafening. Finally, I saw the bright beautiful moon. A lone car drove by disturbing the silence. After that, Susanna and I trudged home, in the never ending cold.

By Briona





No comments:

Post a Comment