Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Brave Snapshot- Annabelle #1




   My hands got clammy, my face started to burn, and my legs started to give out. These were the signs that I was going to give a speech. It doesn't matter if it is long or short or in front of my parents or all of America. I am terrified of speeches! Now that I got elected Miss Oregon’s most outstanding teen, I have to give a speech all about me! As I was waiting to go up and probably faint when I saw a little girl. I recognized her she was Miss Oregon’s most Outstanding preschooler. She always looked up to me. She gave a short speech after me. She looked just as nervous as I was. Her hands looked clammy, her face started to get red and,her legs started to wobble. I was sure she was afraid of speeches too, just like me! Well, I would try to be brave and get up there two speak. I bet she would see me and get the courage to do so as well. How in the world was I going to be brave enough? I was terrified of speeches! Finally, they called my name, I took a deep breath, and told myself- I can do it, I had to. I walked on stage and stood there for a moment, took one more deep breath and started. Just like that it was over. Not only did I overcome my worst fear, but I also encouraged a little girl to face her fears.

1 comment:

  1. I like your description of how it feels when giving a speech. It is sometimes scary, but the more you do it the easier it becomes.

    ReplyDelete